Bossology 102:

Bossology 102:

Saturday, July 18, 2009

These Artists CAN'T Handle The Truth

Everyone is trippin over Jay-Z's "Death of Auto-tunes". When I heard it, all I had could say was "dayyyum, he ain't neva lie! I mean auto-tunes goes way back, I'm talking "Computer Love", and then T-Pain brought it back! It was hot, but now too many people doing it. . .some songs would be better off without, you feel me? We got respected artist using auto-tunes & I don't even listen to them anymore. . .then we have artists who trying to get back in the game & sound a straight mess using auto-tunes! Some songs just sound like they threw it in there to make a hit! PLEASE KILL AUTO-TUNES! Here's a few quotes from BET.com:

will.i.am

"That's cool. I understand his point. I haven't been to New York in a long time, and here I turn on [radio station] Hot 97 and every single song on Hot 97's auto-tuned out." - will.i.am on Jay-Z's "D.O.A.

Jay-Z

"I just think in hip-hop, when a trend becomes a gimmick, it's time to move on. I saw a Wendy's commercial and they're using Auto-Tune. They're joking on it. It's like, OK, enough of that ... It was a trend, it was cool in the beginning. Some people made great music with it, now it's time to move on." - Jay-Z on his track "D.O.A.

DJ Webstar

"Who heard old a– Jay-Z hating? Bottomline is a 40-year-old can’t relate to a 17 or 22-year-old so he could never end my career ... I know yall said he aint say my name but who else could he be talking about besides me and Browz?" - DJ Webstar on Jay-Z's "D.O.A.


Trey Songz

"When I heard Jay-Z’s 'Death of Auto-Tune' my first thought was when will R. Kelly stop using it; The King of R&B with a auto-tune-filled mixtape (not to mention a auto-tuned “Double Up” album) disappoints me. If throwing rocks at the throne wakes up the King, consider them thrown." - Trey Songz on R. Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment